The Era of Data Center
Before the advent of the cloud, the business organization would have their business application deployed on the data center.
“A data center (American English or data center (British English) is a building or dedicated space within a building used to house computer systems and associated components, such as telecommunications and storage systems. It generally includes redundant or backup components and infrastructure for power supply, data communications connections, environmental controls (e.g. air conditioning, fire suppression) and various security devices. A large data center is an industrial-scale operation using as much electricity as a small town.”
The approach of data center had many disadvantages for the business organizations. If teams want to increase a ram or storage on the server they have to then go and purchase the computer component. This may take weeks or months.
In .NET technology community, we prefer using the Virtual Machine of windows server to host our application on Internet Information Services (IIS) web server which runs our web applications. Windows server is more powerful enterprise computer which has powerful computing capabilities i.e. more amount of CPU memory supported, number of processors, Active Directory, and high availability. So, having a windows server is not only the component required to run a web application, but there are also other components required as mentioned as follows:
• IIS installation on server
• Purchasing software licensing (DB license, other third party software license)
• DB server installation (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
• Load Balancer: Distributes network or application traffic across servers.
• Cluster Services: Microsoft Cluster Server allows server computers to work together as a cluster to improvise application availability on failover.
• Procuring Hardware: Rackmount and Stacking of servers, Operating system installation, Firmware, and driver upgradation, RAM to be used by the server and application hosted on the server.
• Operating system patch installation
• SAN drives: Storage Area Network provides access to storage devices for server computers.
• Domain: Address of your web application through which it will be available on the internet.
• SSL certificate: Provide secure encrypted communication between a website and a browser.
• SMTP server: SMTP takes care of the email delivery process is used in the web application.
• Network configuration to whitelist IP only for internal access.
All these are tedious and expensive work which may take weeks and sometimes even months. Economically this much time to get the server ready and not utilizing the full resources of the server is a cost to the company. With the Advent of Cloud, the companies pay as per there usage of the server capacity rather than having a full server of their own and not able to use the full resources of a server.
So Cloud is basically a third party big vendor which has its own whole lot massive big data center with thousands of servers and the vendor providing the same on rent basis as per our need, so that organization can focus on business rather than computer infrastructure.
If you are a .NET developer and you want to leverage the benefits of Microsoft Cloud my honest suggestion is to go and check out my book on Learn Microsoft Azure Step by Step in 7 days for .NET Developers.
Book explains Azure services offerings to advance resource creation to see how all the moving parts go together. It walks through various cloud development tools which will speed our development process. Books majorly cover practical information to get you started to a Proficient level and towards cloud mindset If you are C# DEVELOPER who wants to start with Azure, then this book is for you.”
If you are struggling with how to get started with Microsoft Azure as a developer point of view, this book will be your friend during the journey to Learn Microsoft Azure Step by Step in 7 days for .NET Developers. When you will first start it, it will walk you throw all service offering for the .NET web developer, later it will provide yours with comfort knowledge and understanding of Azure services to become an Azure .NET developer.
Key features: This book starts from basic fundamentals and takes you to a professional level. Books emphasize on the real-life project use case and in-depth implementation. Books start right from scratch with the creation of Azure account to manually creating Azure resources and deploying them. Exclusive topics are dedicated for Azure Web App, Web Job, Cloud Service (Web Role, Worker Role), Azure functions. All practical implementation of Azure services (PASS, Serverless computing) is covered.
You can buy this book from below links:
- amazon.in: https://www.amazon.in/Learn-Microsoft-Azure-Step-Developers/dp/9388511387/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=learn+microsoft+azure+bpb&qid=1556687077&s=books&sr=1-1-spell
- amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Microsoft-Azure-Step-Developers-ebook/dp/B07QYFQMJG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=10LXO32UIOU44&keywords=learn+microsoft+azure&qid=1556687214&s=books&sprefix=learn+micrpsoft%2Caps%2C416&sr=1-2
- Amazon us: https://www.amazon.com/dp/9388511387
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/9388511387
- Amazon de: https://www.amazon.de/dp/9388511387
- Amazon fr: https://www.amazon.fr/dp/9388511387
- Amazon Es: https://www.amazon.es/dp/9388511387
- Amazon it: https://www.amazon.it/dp/9388511387
- Amazon jp: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/9388511387